Hello...I'm Lori, I am a Certified Hair Extension Technician in Edmonton who will provide you with the safest and healthiest extensions for your hair.
Hair Extension Care
A lot of clients ask us how to care for their hair extensions.
It's not as difficult as you might think. I've put together a list of some tips on caring for your extensions, and have listed them below.
If you'd like more information on hair extensions, and caring for them feel* free to contact us.
For your convenience, I've included a link to download the Hair Extension Care list.
Hair Extension Care
- De-tangle the hair. To do this, separate the hair into two sections. Hold the section you are going to de-tangle with the left hand, always supporting the hair to prevent it from being pulled at the root. Brush out the closed end to the open end a little at a time, moving up toward scalp. When you have reached the scalp, you can now brush the scalp with the SOFT BRISTLE BRUSH.
- After you have completed de-tangling the hair, you are ready for the shower. Take four things into the shower with you: your vent brush, shampoos, conditioner and Glaze.
- Add water, then shampoo. Wash the hair with fingertips only. DO NOT USE THE PALM OF THE HAND EVER! The finger tips will wash the scalp so there is no need to ruff the shampoo through the hair. Just let the shampoo rinsing through the hair cleanse the hair.
- After thoroughly rinsing out the shampoo, separate the hair into two sections. Apply conditioner smoothly down the hair shaft.
- If you are wearing wax extensions avoid the scalp with conditioner.
- If you have weave or interlock, add conditioner to the scalp.
- Brush with vent brush always supporting the hair and brushing towards the open end.
- Leave the conditioner on hair for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Rinse conditioner out thoroughly.
- Separate the hair again and add a small amount of Moroccan Oil to the hair.
- Brush the glaze through the same way as you did the conditioner working to the open end and always giving the hair support.
- NEVER USE A TOWEL to roughly rub the hair dry.
- Hair should be scrunched right now if you want the curl to remain in the hair.
- If you are going to blow dry hair straight, you can dip you head down and gently wrap the towel around it and leave the shower.
- NEVER go to bed with wet hair.
- ALWAYS braid the hair while swimming.
- NEVER wash hair that has knots in it. Knots attract more knots. If you wash your hair without detangling it you can cause a mat in the hair that cannot be removed.
- ALWAYS support the extension hair when brushing or combing it.
- It is always best to use de-tangle (Cream-Rinses) over deep conditioners. The de-tanglers keep the cuticle of the hair in a closed position making the hair easier to de-tangle.
- Always use a small amount of glaze in the hair as this keeps the hair in better condition and it will slide easily without knotting.
- DO NOT use any grease products such as pomades if you are wearing wax extensions.
- If you are wearing wax extensions use shampoo for oily hair.
- See the person that put in your extensions if any problems occur.
Book a Consultation Ask a Question